Wednesday evening in Vienna: the bloggers @digiom, @thesandworm, @karli, @i_am_fabs and @thp4 met with developers to mobilize their blogs with the help of the Ovi AppWizard (http://www.ovi.com/appwizard).
Within an hour (bloggers needed 15min :-)) you can convert any website with a feed using this web-based tool into a mobile App for Nokia smartphones. With http://promotions.ovi.com/omt you can also generate web banners to promote the download of your app.
The workshop was supported by:
Florian Angulanza, pro developer for Symbian, Qt, Java and Android www.utilo.eu
Claudia Poepperl and Michael Schneider from the award-winning app company www.adaffix.com
And Alexander Lamatsch from www.nokia.at
And because the tool and the idea is so cool, we do a competition around it:
Create an app from your blog with the Ovi app wizard and get the chance to win the brand new Nokia N8!
This is how the competition works:
- Create an app with the Ovi app wizard at http://www.ovi.com/appwizard
- Register and publish the app in Ovi Store.Post the name of the app, your name as the publisher and the link to the app in Ovi Store as a comment to this post or send the info to firstname.lastname@example.org to be registered to the lottery.
- Promote your app as hard as you can. At http://promotions.ovi.com/omt you can create promotional banners for your app for free.
- Each download is one fortune in the lottery. Thus, the more downloads you achieve, the higher your chances to win.
- The winner is drawn among all participants in the challenge on November 19, 8.00 p.m. CET. The winner of the Nokia N8 will be contacted directly.*
* Resorting to the general courts of law is excluded, no cash out of prize.